BooksForABuck.com Newsletter--April, 2009
News and Events
- Welcome to the April edition of the BooksForABuck.com newsletter. Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter to receive monthly updates on our promotional $1 introductory pricing, on forthcoming eBooks and paper books, on author activities, and on special events.
- You can buy BooksForABuck.com stuff from our Cafe Press Store (no markup). (Authors, please let me know if you're interested in your own Cafe Press Store. It's free and I'll be happy to help with artwork and to link to it.)
- If you haven't already done so, check out our videos page. Trailers, video versions, author rants, and just-for-fun entertainment.
Available in April
Coming in May
FIRST CONTACT is the latest from author Kenneth E. Ingle. Imagine if you were a scientist who'd accidentally caught yourself and a group of your peers in an explosion that gave you the unique ability to age extremely slowly. Cool, right? Except that people start to notice--and when people notice, governments notice. If Maria Presk and her co-workers can't get away, they'll find themselves back in a lab--but this time as subjects rather than scientists. Maria's solution--to escape to the stars. The problem--aliens lay claim to the stars and they're not happy to see the humans. FIRST CONTACT is priced at $3.99 (eBook) but available at our promotional introductory price of only $1.00 until May 9, 2009. Check it out here.
- Look for the latest Deacon Bishop hard-boiled mystery, DEADLY SWITCH.
What our authors are up to
- Ken Ingle will be doing a book signing for FIRST CONTACT at University of Texas at Arlington on May 9th (new date) (tomorrow) from 10:30-1:30. Texas residents, let's give Ken a warm greeting.
- Karen Leabo (writing as Kara Lennox) has a new book out from Harlequin--THE GOOD FATHER.
Buy it from Amazon or read our review.
- Authors--keep me posted on your activities so I can include them in the newsletter.
We added reviews of the following books during March:
- Romance/Women's Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
Some of our authors are on MySpace. Ask them to be your friend
Some of our authors are also on Facebook. Be sure to friend them, too. Included are Rob Preece and Kara Lennox. If your'e a Facebook member, search them out.
Find out about the life and writing of an author-publisher. Check it out and add your comments.
Not a newsletter subscriber--YET? It's FREE. Click the Join Now button below.
Click to join BooksForABuckNewsletter
See the Newsletter archive